Thursday, November 22, 2012

Between two options

Still, I am not sure what job, I know that I must work next year barely I will graduate. If is for the degree, I would like to be cultural manager or art critic.

I like cultural management because it´s a dynamic work, is very sociable, but you have meetings all day, your phone ring non stop, time flies, finally you´re exhausted. It has good things: organize or plann cultural events is entertaining because you should look all details, for example if is a band festival, I should invite music bands, do the schedule, and contact a technical equipment, or rather, means to be part fo production. Also, it´s in charge of economic, how much it will cost the festival, the spend money in resources and pay bands. 
It´s within art market. 
In Chile, the cultural manager helps develop art projects, with the objective of win any monetary fund (state or business association), as well known FONDART.

On the other hand, I love the aesthetic, therefore I would like to be art critic of Performing Arts, I like wrinting about plays. I think that the press (above all newspapers) publishes summing up of plays, not a point of view. There are art magazines, however have limited cultural diffusion.

In general, inside artistic environment you need contacts, I know because when I worked in a cultural center, the people was relative of politicians or elite, then most people didn´t study art. They won more than a million pesos, thus my salary could be that number as cultural manager.
I have no idea how much earn an art critic, I suppose that the same, if I work in famous national newspaper in the culture and arts section.
I can´t compare both cases, because are two different things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment